Discussion in 'CLIP Software' started by Proscape_inc, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Proscape_inc

Proscape_inc LawnSite Member

We've got about 7 weeks to get this up and running I hope it's enough time anybpdy have any feedback on learning curve for this software?
  2. newmanfan

newmanfan LawnSite Member

I have the software, I just bought in July, when I started my business. I was not able to really take the time to work with it until the off season.

Here's what I did/recommend-

1) Read the manual before doing anything. Pay special attention to the procedures outlined. They are really beneficial.

2) With manual in hand, start working with the program, again, follow the procedures.

3) Don't worry about getting all the information in there or right the first time.

4) Start with the pattern customers and also set up a customer called "Pattern Jobs"

5) I added customers just a few at a time, added jobs, scheduled, and ran a route sheet, just to get the feel of it. Even if you just did one customer, and went through the whole process, you would learn much more, and feel like you accomplished more. After that it is cookie cutter.

6) Take the class offered in your area, or spend the time and money to travel to take it. We just had one last week in my area. Best time and money investment I could've spent on training. It was very comprehensive, but not overbearing.

7) Just worry about the basic functions, and you can add more to your knowledge as you learn about the program and feel more comfortable with it.

8) I feel that I went from a very basic/amateur user, to one that is proficient with the program, very quickly- mainly by the class and studying the manual.

9) Don't be afraid to email or call tech support. They are very helpful.

10) Allot yourself sometime each week to just work on CLIP stuff.

11) You should be ready to go for your season.

Hope this helps-