1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Avery, May 31, 2001.

1. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Who is using CLIP software and are you satisfied with it?

Did a search, but want opinions from new users as well.
  2. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

I purchased Clip-Pro in December 2000 and started using it this season and so far have had very little problems, most that occurred have been operators fault. Clip is good solid software just a little high on the price scale in my opinion.

We do not need all the bells and whistles that come as options yet but, it’s nice to know you can do more, hook up your PDA bla, bla, use bar coded route sheets yada, yada.

The route sheet system is what sold me on it, you can print out daily route sheets for crews instead of “well I think we mowed so and so today or was it yesterday” just a better way to keep with all of the work.

E-mail Freetime@ectisp.net for any more info.
  3. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using it for about 5 years. It has alot of great features. The software is expensive. I have spent about $1,200.00 for the program and was told the upgraded program I want is a couple thousand more. You are required to pay annual fees for warranty and newsletter and if you need technical support be prepared to spend over $100 a hour. Be prepared to spend some money. I don't know the size of your business but it can help. I don't know anything about lawn monkey but you might want to look at it. Depending on what you are trying to do you might be able to use Quickbooks Pro.
  4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE Freetime]
    it’s nice to know you can do more, hook up your PDA bla, bla, [/QUOTE]

I was checking into clip a while back and I thought that to use the pda add on, you had to purchase their hand held device.:(
    I downloaded a demo of lawn monkey and put some customers into it,used the pda add on, and transfered it onto a palm 111 device.The scheduling and all the stuff that you can put into the palm pilot and transfer back to computer was amazing. They are still sending me e-mails of upgrades, I called their customer support a few times with problems and there was no charge. I will definately be purchasing this software.;)
  5. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using Clip for three and will continue to use it. Good program -- very dissappointed with paying for every little upgrade and paying way too high prices for help.

I sincerely hope a competitor makes a program as good.
  6. Avery

Thanks for the input guys.
    We are using quick books pro now Lawn GOD. We do maintenance billing on it and design/install quotes and billing on Land Quote. Getting to be a hassel using two programs. In regards to your other question, we are a fairly large company...20 full time employees. We do mostly design/install work, irrigation and nightscaping. All of our maintenance is large commercial property. We need a program that can handle both landscape and maintenance tasks. I do not mind the expense of the software if it is worth it. Just don't want to buy one and find out it cannot handle what I need it to do.
  7. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Avery it sounds like you should use it. This software is very good and has a large network of users. I understand Lawn Monkey might be cheaper but if the price does not matter then give CLIP a try. We have been able to cut hours of paperwork into minutes.Routing, scheduling, and billing was never easier. We use CLIP and Quickbooks Pro.
    I would like to see your outfit when I go on vacation. Maybe you could send me home with some good ideas.
  8. Avery

If you ever vacation on the Outer Banks give me a call Lawn GOD. Would be more than happy to give you the nickle tour.

P.S. Bring some work clothes!
  9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought LawnMonkey with the LMDC (palm pilot software) you should def. check this out it is awesome. Like CLIP it was pricey but well worth it in my opinion. I love it and am glad we purchased it. Because of price we almost didnt. You wouldnt beleive the reports and tracking you can do with this software! Customer service is #1.