Clips software program

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mid Rivers, Jul 28, 2000.

1. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Clips software? Is it worth the money? Is it easy to use?<p>Thanks

2. dhicks

dhicks Member

I have the trial version of Clips that was being handed out at Expo 2000 and I have not installed the program. I'll try to install this weekend and give you an update. I have tried Lawn Monkey, GroundsKeeper Pro and Quickbooks (all trail versions).<br><p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

i have tried the trial version of CLIP and really had a hard time figuring it out. It is alot of money and to me does not seem worht the money unless you have big problems keeping your schedule memorized or have more than one crew. CLIP did i nice job of assisting me w/ my scheduling needs.<p>I now use Quick Books and i am very happy w/ wha tit does for me. although does not do routing

4. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

We have been using Clip for the past six or seven years. It has proven to be on of the most valuable tools we have purchased. Pricey? Yes, but so are mowers, employees and gas. It does an outstanding job(so says my wife).

5. TurfMan

TurfMan LawnSite Member

I said this 20 times. We use Lawn Monkey. Ive tried clips and groundskeeper and all the other ones, Yes even quick books. We decided on Lawn Monkey, Routing Tech Support. Cost, plus it will due Pay Roll Exspenses Contracts, Billing, Ect Ect Ect.<br>Did I mention Price? that was the deciding Factor. Clips is to Exspensive and Lawn Monkey does the same thing plus more, Plus they are working on a QB link, And the Palm pilot Link as well. Check it out, Its worth it. Been using it for the past 10 months, Not 1 complaint from me.<p>----------<br>Dave<br>3B's Lawn Care Service

6. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Had clip for 7 years . A little hard to learn but valuable tool . Great for routing .<br>That lawn monkey sounds good though.

7. Dink38

Dink38 LawnSite Member

I have used clips for about 6 months. I have the classic now. I started out with clips lite. I think it is a great software.

8. WALKERMOW

WALKERMOW LawnSite Member

HEY TURF MAN PLEASE GIVE ME MORE INFO ON LAWN MONKEY I AM STILL USING QUICK BOOKS<br>BECAUSE CLIP IS SO EXPENSIVE

9. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

Turfman:<p>I just downloaded Lawn Monkey's QuickBooks link - they released it today! Sawwwweeeeeeeeet is all I have to say! Just like you, can't say enough good things about this company!<p>

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Two reasons I didn't go with Clip: The customer quanity base is limited and its expensive.