Clogging and Cutting Blades

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by dbyrone, May 5, 2003.

1. dbyrone

dbyrone LawnSite Member

I have a Scamper with a 48" deck and the Kawasaki 14 hp engine. I am having some problems with clogging. I was told that maybe some different blades would help. It was mentioned that blades tat are slotted help as they cut up the grass into smaller pieces. Any ideas? The grass was wet and about 14" tall. I guess I thought I had enough power to avoid this situation.
    Thanks

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try HIGH LIFTS And Go Slow, If That Won't Work Try Double High Lifts And Go slow.
    John.

3. dbyrone

dbyrone LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tip. Any good on-line dealers you could recommend for Great Dane parts?

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You should try the dealer you Bought It from, Or the dealer Down the street. Exmark Blades Are Better then After Market Ones. So it Might Be True For Great Dane!
    John.

5. Bill Baltzer

Bill Baltzer Great Dane Representative
    from NC

Well-said John!! Please do not rate the performance of the machine when cutting wet 14" grass. The Scamper is a finish mower that gives an excellent quality of cut.

Whenever cutting in wet, high grass, the operator needs to slow down and give the blades a chance to cut the grass, not lay it down.

Thanks for your email,

Bill