Close call ! Dixie smashed by tree !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Tek, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

For some reason I'm still alive to write this . Today my 60 inch mower was missing out on a lawn we use it on , so I parked it , grabbed a 70 inch off the trailer , made a swath behind this tree , swung arround and saw this !
    I was in shock, this place has had 3 rotten trees fall this year , so I took some pictures of some dead tree tops and I'm demanding the removal pronto !
    Also all my customers will get this picture and explaniation of the dangers of falling tree tops . And I'm gonna demand they get them removed !
    Home owner is a Lawyer , great customer , has agreeed to fix , or replace my mower !
    Will be in church on Sun .

dsc00574.jpg

2. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Man this was awful

dsc00573.jpg

3. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

More than lucky, If that happened to me at any of my accounts the owner would have told me where to go If I asked them to repair it. Did he offer to fix or did you have to ask?

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

man oh man lawntek glad to hear your ok

tell these clowns to cut the trees or say see ya!!!!

JOB #1-BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!

5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

:eek:

Glad your still with us... Put a hundred in that basket when they pass it around!!

6. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

There's a reason the call those dead sticks "widow makers". You sure are lucky and it's good to hear the customer will make good on it.

7. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

Last year i had the same thing almost happen to me.

Was mowing along the edge of the woods on a windy day and had a branch almost land on me.

Decided that it wasn't worth getting killed for, and loaded up and came back the next day.

Started up where i had left off & in the field near where i had been mowing found a 8" tree snapped off and laying on the ground. If it had landed on me it woud've killed me for sure.

Dan

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you are lucky

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Lucky you weren't on the machine.

Not for nothing. That would never happen to me or my men. We MANAGE THE LANDSCAPE.

NOTHING is ever left dead on a property. If we do it we bill them. If we refer a friend of mine the tree biz, they still get billed. Always informed before hand.

10. WOW!!! That’s a freaky close call. Pretty cool of your customer to replace your mower. Glad to hear you’re ok.