close call

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gatormowing, Aug 26, 2005.

1. gatormowing

gatormowing LawnSite Member

I had what might have been a close call today. I try to keep an eye on my trailer when mowing and I noticed a couple of guys in an old van driving by slowly. It went to the end of the block and turned around. I was at the rear of the house and decided on my next turn to go around front. I round the corner of the house and there's a young guy standing next to my trimmer rack. He heard the mower and me yelling and he took off walking. I sat in the front yard and noticed him looking down the street and there was the van moving away. He stood across the street and flipped me off and started yellingat me that I better not mess with him cause he's dangerous. I just sat there and he walked away but as soon as I could finish I got out of that neighborhood.

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

THIEVES, I HATE EM I would have chased his @$$ down.

3. HometownLawn

HometownLawn LawnSite Member

why not put a lock on the trimmers? The trailers i see around here look as though you could put like a bicycle u-bar type lock. just a thought. I've been thinking about how to secure my stuff too (when i get it) i also see a lot of guys with enclosed trailers but i would think that would hamper you from things like hauling off brush

4. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

Jeezus, what the hell's the deal in florida? I have never even heard of stuff getting stolen around here.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Same with where i am!

6. HometownLawn

florida can be a sketchy place. lots of transients down here and LOTS of pawn shops...a crackhead can keep himself well supplied with what he can rip off from a lawn service truck

7. J-Dubb

J-Dubb LawnSite Member

What balls........one day they'll try to steal from the wrong person. Some old school hill jack will put a round in him.

8. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

i would of chased him down and then beat him

9. HometownLawn

you're not going to catch a crackhead.

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I run into these problems way to many times. A lot of the thieves fight back too. Good thing you caught them. I have invested in enclosed trailers, and if in a bad area I will close and lock all doors. That way I can just focus on mowing and not have to constantly check over my shoulder to see if anything is missing.