Closed Thread REPLY

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by webmaster@VI, May 12, 2005.

1. webmaster@VI

webmaster@VI LawnSite Member
    from CA

THANK YOU, for your gracious welcome to this forum!

>>"The member list is not given out to help ensure our members are not spammed from someone just signing up for the sole purpose of advertising what they sell."
    My Answer: Do you welcome all newbies this way?

My question was NOT intended for the purpose of self promotion.
    >>"A list of members & company info would be nice."
    follow up reply: *"for what reason?"
    to exchange ideas and since you are hosting a forum, why not post links to its members. IE: reciprocal link exchange, in which all benefit.

Boyz... You assumed wrong!
    I visited this site in hope to learn about current MA irrigation issues.
    I wish you luck in SEO.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

This is the original thread in question:

You asked about a members list. I answered you honestly and straight to the point as to why it is not given out. I was not implying that's why you personally wanted it, I just simply stated why a list is not here. I was rushing around, never thought I needed to welcome you, was just more interested in answering your question quickly.
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

btw what is SEO?
    Search Engine Optimization? If so, why do you say that?
  4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to lawnsite.
    What is an "IA investigative reports editor?"
    Are you in CA, or in MA?
    Please use English, not ebonics. It's boys, not boyz.
  5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Webby give me a break. I am a contract programmer and my office ask for organizational charts and phone list when I go to a new company. Do you know why. So they can call everyone in IT at the company to jump ship and become contractors.

Your trying to sell your services and you are to lazy to look up everyones email address so you want lawnsite to provide the list. Priceless.
  6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

webmaster - it's not difficult to realize when someone is looking to take advantage of the site and its members...for your very first post to be a question as to how to access a forum's member list with nearly 30,000 members...well, I think DLS1 said it well enough...

posting for a member list, understanding a closed thread, knowing how to use the quote feature on the site, using the phrase "newbies" - all within your first 4 posts...its obvious you are not new to the forum scene
  7. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I think it would be helpful if there was a list posted with contact info for everyone's customers, along with what they are charging...

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I think shawn is right when he says that he has the best moderators around. I also think webboyIIVVXVI has broken glasses with tape on them and 1/2 inch think lenses.
  9. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

Shouldn't he be camped out, waiting for Revenge of the Sith tickets then?

JKR - I love those movies. Of course, I also say things like "JKR".
  10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a wacko to me. Webby-can you email me a list of every person who lives in California, sorted by birthday and preference of color, sorted alphabetically?