Closest thing to striping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by splatz100, Jun 29, 2006.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Have not posted in a while, but here is the closest thing i have ever seen to striping in southern louisiana. I did it with my 34z....

closest to stripes.jpg

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

yeah.....and unfortunately that "striping" is nothing more than wheel (tire) marks too...

3. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

you should get a stripe kit for your mower and then show the other pros in your area how its done

4. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

can grass not be striped down there or something? I'm confused someone help me out...

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We don't worry about that in the southwest.....it unfortunately is called tracking which is considered undesirable. The heavy machines are now leaving permanent tire tracks and since our lawns are very small we have to rotate the size of machines to offset the problem. Our grasses just don't seem to lay down like the grass up north.

6. splatz100

No those werent wheel ruts that bent that grass....

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think you need to come up with something else. Those are not considered stripes:nono:

8. splatz100

Im not calling these stripes, but from my point of view its the only thing i have ever seen somewhat similar to other parts of the US. Down here it looks better to have the "vacuum cleaner" effect on a yard.

9. splatz100

this is the only picture i have, but they all usually look like this

1_back.jpg

10. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

sounthern grass will not stripe bermuda will not at all so striping kits for us is pointless