1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Clover all over!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RippinV, Apr 19, 2002.

1. RippinV

RippinV LawnSite Member

Any thoughts on how to get rid of this pest!! I've got clover all over and I am not even Irish!

2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

You can buy groundup and spray it on with a sprayer. It should take effect in 2 days. There may be something stronger than groundup.
  3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Daniel, are you a licensed applicator? Please ask where the targeted weeds exist before making a recommendation such as this to an interested homeowner. He's here for constructive advise & should be able to inquire with confidence. (G)Roundup is a non-selective herbicide. John (RIPPIN) is talking about his lawn. He could have wiped it out entirely. It's a mew lawn off to a good start. He just aerated, Limed, & applied his first round. And you'd have him kill it?

Didn't you just wack your lawn with Bayer Advanced herbicide? If so, it takes 7-10 days to show symptoms unless it had 2,4-D in it. If it did, the weeds should have curled in 2-3 days or less.
    Your second application on the program thoroughly addresses broadlef weeds. If they're getting out of hand, let me know. I can shuffle the date on the program for you without compromise or dead grass.

Let me know.

4. RippinV

RippinV LawnSite Member

Sprayed the Bayer advanced about a week ago, some spots were affected others weren't so I hit them again last night. I will give it another week and see how it goes. The grass is looking really good now but I still have some bare spots mingled in. I am sure those will eventually grow in though. I think the program is working great and wouldn't change a thing unless the clover doesn't go awa in after these treatments. Its not really bad but I am trying for carpet!!

5. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

patience, Grasshoppa, patience.
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Just another example that you get what you pay for. Make sure you ask a professional before taking any advice here. Or at the very least read the label before using it just to make sure.
  7. GilbertJT

GilbertJT LawnSite Member

Just like Landscraper had said patience, the carpet will come in due time. Don't rush a good thing.