1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Clover - Any chemicals target only?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BAMARED, May 27, 2005.

BAMARED LawnSite Member

I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of clover a customer's yard. They have fescue and bermuda grass, but the clover seems to be taking over. Does anyone know if there's a chemical that targets only clover?

2. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

try 3way or tripower they dont only target clover but will get rid of it.
  3. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

New product out by PBI Gordon named Surge and it will work in Warm Weather

Rember that if you kill off the Clover now it may leave alot of bare areas in the lawn

Id wait till August and KILL the whole yard and then kill again then reeseed in late september and then the new lawn will be weed free
  4. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Spotlite by Dow/Elanco. Get's legumes and that's about all. Neal
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Is the active Ingreadent in Three Way Products that controls clover. Sure there are a few others but Dicamba does and excellent job and is Cheap Cheap Cheap.
  6. I have been using Surge for about a month now. From this limited amount of experience, I don't really see any improvement over Trimec 992.

Spotlight's label states that it controls clover well, but I haven't used it.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Mr. Barefoot,
    I think one thing we have to consider is the still cooler temps we've had over the last few weeks - especially night time. This has been a funny season so far, hasn't it? I've observed the same thing with dandelions, too. Not just mine, but other services, as well. They are sprayed, and die back a bit, then grow a bit more, then die the rest of the way. I realize that a BIG factor to consider is that many of these were full adult stage plants (going to seed), but I think the cooler temps have definitely had some effect, as well. The creeping charlie and wild violet? Well, we KNOW the story on those! lol.
  8. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

Did you read the label?

It says to not mow the grass 2 days before or 2 days after and that for best results if you dont have the rain needed to irrigate 24 hours before and after application

It also has best results if used when it is 80 degrees or better
  9. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

The Green Guardian is an organic weed and feed product. Works very well and is delicate on the grass.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Geez,...what a POOR excuse for a website! you can't even READ it.