1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Clover Campaigning

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kirkmbrown2001, Mar 31, 2012.

1. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

2. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Not me... Maybe I should. I just never have felt comfortable asking to leave a sign. On the construction side we have signs up, but only for the duration of the project.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

We do the five around (cloverleaf) marketing but its not done with lawn signs. That is not actual cloverleaf marketing. We put a door hanger or flyer on the four or five houses immediately surrounding the property we service every 3 or 4 weeks.
  4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

This is the best way to get a tight route and cut driving cost. Its not the easiest thing the first year you serve the original customer but if you market well and give good service year 2 they will come around. Its nice to drop the gate and hit 4 or 5 homes at once.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

We do the same with fertilizing accounts. Most times we go to an account we quickly leave a door hanger at the next door neighbors, across the street, and the house diagonally across the street. Also with construction/irrigation Installs we will have in the contract that our signs must stay in place for a certain duration of time, during construction and then usually 2 weeks after. We don't use cheap lawn signs, but use the heavier steal frames that real estate companies use.