Clover vs herbicides

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Aug 26, 2012.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I tested four herbicides on clumps of clover on my neighbor's vacant lot. Low quality turf, which was non-irrigated. Weather mostly had daily highs of 88.
    The result:
    Surge..........Good
    T-Zone........Excellent
    Speedzone...Good
    Quicksilver....Poor

There were a few clumps of violets in the area, but not in all plots. T-Zone was good on violets.

What are your experiences on the more difficult weeds?

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

White Clover is on the Certainty list of weeds controlled but I use Outrider for commercial

3. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

Never used tzone keep saying im going to but speed zone has aleays been so good to me nevermind the fast kill time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

For a TZone replacement, try 3 way combined with Turflon Ester. Smokes white and red clover. Yes, you don't get the sulfentrazone component as with TZone, but the combo works well nonetheless.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Since T-Zone already contains triclopyr--woudn't it be simpler to use Three Way plus Turflon (which is triclopyr)? And cheaper.

You would lose the carfentrazone of course.

6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Try an ester formulation and drive, I think they work the best.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

I sprayed my lawn with Q4 Plus the other day and it smoked our clover.

8. fmcprosolutions

fmcprosolutions Inactive

Always read and follow label directions. Certainty is a good product, but it is now labeled only for use in warm-season turfgrass (this changed last year).

9. fmcprosolutions

fmcprosolutions Inactive

Good comments on the products and combo's that are working on white clover. Both carfentrazone and sulfentrazone, which can be found in FMC herbicides, as well as PBI's products will both offer speed of control and assist in expanding the spectrum of weed control against this weed. The level/residual of control will differ with different use rates and AI loads.

Check out our online herbicide solution finder. You can select your turf type and weed problem and it will list and provide links to the herbicides that are labeled for control or suppression. http://www.fmcprosolutions.com/LawnCare/HerbicideSolutionsFinder.aspx

If you need to identify a weed, sign up for our free Weed ID poster at: http://www.surveys.fmcprosolutions.com/se.ashx?s=144E334E1BAAC19F

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

This is where I will be using it. :laugh: