Clover

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by erhager, Mar 4, 2006.

1. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

Hi, I am new here and was needing to ask a question. My lawn care man sprayed Glyphosate, 2, 4-D Amine, and Simazine on my yard. Will that take care of clover that is already green and is it a pre-emergent for crabgrass also?

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes and Yes .
    Do you have a green or dormant lawn ?

3. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

My Bermuda is still dormant. He sprayed on Tuesday Feb 28 and the clover doesnt look like it is discoloring or curling up.

4. ArizPestWeed

I don't remeber if clover wilts or not with a 24d treatment .
    If not , it will take 5 to 10 more days to notice a difference .
    Wes the clover actively growing or was it dormont ?

5. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

The clover was growing and starting to pop up throughout my front lawn. Never had a problem but my neighbor doesnt take care of his weeds and they are finding their way to my yard.

6. ArizPestWeed

Are y'all not having a drought in OK land ?

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It should wilt shortly. When was the spray put down? It would of course work better if it had a spreader/sticker with it. Also,just out of curiosity,....what in the HELL did he spray glyphosate on your LAWN for? Or did I misunderstand, and he used the gly somewhere else? Now, light amounts of gly CAN be used as a growth inhibitor, but I sure can't see it being used at this time of year over there like that, - especially if he is trying to eradicate other things in there as well.

8. ArizPestWeed

Well , with 24d most weeds wilt within hours , not all , though .
    He may of used gly cuzz it had surfactant already in it

9. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Glyphosate is sometimes sprayed on dormant Bermuda, though some are afraid to do it. I've only blanketed it a couple of times.

In any event, if he used an amine 2,4-d it will take a while to control clover depending on the temperatures. Also, if he didn't use a good surfactant, the clover may not absorb the chemical.

10. ArizPestWeed

I have no problem spraying brown dormant Bermuda when the target is what ever is green