1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i just got a huge job and one of the things i need to do is get this clover out of this guys lawn. i don't know what is best but I'm trying to stay away from renting a bobcat and ripping it all up. doesn't matter how expensive it is this guys a multi million air.

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

try hiring a professional turf care expert...

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

MSMA will do the trick or you can use "Everything Must Go" by Farm Crop Extracts.

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Most all the homeowner books have the simple fixes for clover. Clover is one of the easiest to stay away from with a good fert regiment. But initially 2-4D will be a cheap easy fix. read the instructions and more books so when that tough weed actually comes along you wont need to ask.
    If in doubt hire a profesional.

5. kenel

kenel LawnSite Member
    Male, from Chicago, il

My vote for 2-4D; Trimec (or a generic substitute) will do a nice job...never used speedzone; supposed to kill a bit quicker.

6. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Confront, Escalade, Millenium or anything with clopyralid (sp??) in it willl nail clovers of all kinds.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Any "ester" formulation herbicide will do the job -- I recommend "Chaser".

8. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Careful with esters in temps over 70, maybe even lower than that if you have sensitive plants near the lawn. Esters volitize easily and move in the air and do damage many feet from the lawn under the right conditions.

Speaking from experience unfortunately,
    Neal

9. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Call Chemlawn since it sounds like you aren't licensed to apply this and that stuff in a yard. You need a license to apply some types of stuff in a yard and once you get a license then you will know what type of stuff I am talking about.:laugh:

10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

i would hire a professional other than Chemlawn..........i worked with former employees of Chemlawn, that company has serious ethics issues..........false applicaitons, telling you rain won't be an issue and so on

perhaps not all but i've never heard a good thing about that company, I used to work for TruGreen (landcare, not chemlawn) as an intern and even they were tell'n me such stories

maybe not all branches but i would def consider someone else.........subcontract oportunity for you!