Clover

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mwallingford, Jun 24, 2002.

1. mwallingford

mwallingford LawnSite Member

Is it safe at this time to spray Momentum for clover on an irrigated football field? How long before I can put down a 1/2 lb. of SCU nitrogen after the spraying?

2. Yes and same time.

What ?-?-? scu? ?% fert?

Why a half pound of "N"?

Be very carefull on the rates though. Less can do more.

Also why not use straight Confront?

3. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

I've not used Momentum, but is it like Confront and Trimec? Both warn not to use when over 85 degrees F. Is this true for Momentum also?

jim

4. Many herbs warn to not use over 85 degrees, if you use lower rates you still can apply it with slim chance of burn. Takes practice.

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

If you go with Confront you will fry the clover in 48 hours and it is safer at higher temps to say 90 degrees. I would not recommend using Momentum at anything above 85 degrees. You'll also want to add a sticker to the Confront to help adhere to the clover.

6. chain

chain LawnSite Member

Where can I pick up Momentum, Confront or Trimec
    What would you suggest for a back yard?

7. Scraper

You can find it at yourlocal Lesco or agricultural supplier. Note that you probably need to be licensed in your State to apply these herbicides on a commercial basis.

8. chain

chain LawnSite Member

scrapper thank you...is there any product that a average Joe can use for his back yard....sorry about the questions, but not sure where else to turn...

thx
    chain

9. Scraper

Not sure if these are considered restricted use in your State. You can always go to Home Depot or Lowes and get Weed-B-Gone. Just be sure to read the labels. Also, the Confront and such are sold in 1 gallon increments which unless you have 10 acres will last you for 10 years not to mention the run almost $100/gallon.