1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Clovers out of control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TaylorLawn, Feb 16, 2002.

1. TaylorLawn

TaylorLawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a better solution to getting rid of clovers without damaging the turf underneath????? Thanks ET
  2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

2-4-D and sticker/spreader
  3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Very best control of clover is Confront, combo of triclopyr and clopyralid. Any other combo with these ingredients, like Momentum, or even one of them, will be effective on clover. 2,4-D will work, but count on two apps within a 2 week period to efrfectively eliminate it with 2,4-D alone.
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

trimec no good?
  5. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Momentum works great for me.
  6. TaylorLawn

Hey, Thanks a lot for all of the information, I will put it to good use, are all of these products easily available?? I have not tried several products which have been mentioned, I appreciate everyones input,.....ET
  7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I also prefer Momentum for clover control. Gives it that "one two punch"!
  8. TaylorLawn

Where should I look to find Momentum? I checked for it yesterday and could not locate any......is there a website where I can order the product? I havent tried the local feed and seed yet however, I will try that today...........Thanks again...ET
  9. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Momentum is a Lesco trade name, available at any Lesco outlet, or by phone order. See lesco info at http://www.lesco.com/ .

Many other products out there. Suggest you contact regional or state lawn care association, or your state extension office, for direction to industry suppliers. Local consumer sources will usually not have the products used in the trade. Consumer lines are usually highly diluted, to control the flow of chemicals into the environment; also much more expensive for amount of active ingredient.

And if you are using these products in your work for hire, you need to be licensed by your state to offer this service for sale.
  10. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

In NY Momentum is also a restricted use product(need license to purchase it). Good luck, it's a great product, I use it for most of our broadleaf treatments.