CLS Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by blueliner011, Oct 16, 2010.

1. blueliner011

blueliner011 LawnSite Member

Just started about a month ago, just working on getting the right equipment, demoing mowers and getting a feel for what works best. Just doing family lawns at this point and started working on my striping this afternoon and thought i'd get a few opinions. These stripes were laid down with a Lesco walk behind, unkn on year or hrs but what i do know is that its original blades, and it kills my hands after one yard. This was a double cut, mowed at both angles trying to get that checkered look but it didnt work as planned. Let me know what ya'll think!

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great.good luck to you.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Nice clean lines. Looks like you could benefit from a sulkey :). I hate walking.

4. blueliner011

I've got a sulky, but I cant stripe nearly as clean with it. thanks for the comments guys.

5. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

where are you located?

6. blueliner011

Posted via Mobile Device

7. blueliner011

Sorry, apparently i cant update from the iPhone, I'm located in Henrietta NY

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

To get the checker pattern it works best once it gets "Burned" in. Meaning after it's been done a few times. Mow a different direction each time and it should work. I would practice with a sulky too, I think those foot prints kill the look but that's just me. Nice stripes otherwise.

9. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

very nice and straight stripes.

10. blueliner011

normally my foot prints don't really show up that much, but its been raining so much latley that the ground was still wet and I sank a bit with each step. the front lawn dosent show the stripes have as well but also has a few large trees and is no where near as wet.