Clumps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wintergreenlawn&landscape, Mar 28, 2008.

1. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

Lets put this to the polls, has there been a machine manufactured that hasnt left clumps in wet conditions? I don't think so!!

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Probably not but Toro's Turbo force decks do a good job at keeping them at a minimum.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

it doesn't exist

4. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Next to impossible, our rear baggers really get clogged when it comes to wet conditions.

5. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

Scag's Velocity deck and Meg-Mo blades seem to do the trick.Hardly ever put out clumps if it dose they are very small and hardy seen.

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag's Velocity deck

He iz right ..........

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

It's going to come down to grass type, deck style, blade sharpness, speed of cut, amount of dampness.

I've run virtually every piece of equipment over 20 years, and there's nothing that eliminates clumps completely.

Rodfather has it dead on.

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag's Velocity deck comes darn close to eliminating them. I havent had any issue out of mine yet in the rain and cutting taller grass.

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I havent run one myself but I would think the JD 7 Iron decks would be about as good as it gets in wet conditions. The Command cut decks on the Cub Tanks also do really good in wet conditions.

10. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

On all of your mowers we can do away with lumps and clumps with the MEG MO blades. Make or model does not make a lot of difference. Wet or dry / short or tall has no problems. With the decks staying cleaner and knives staying sharp 8 to 10 times all help. We do better if the mower is not a mulch style deck. Wiyh the MEG MO blades on a normal weekly mowing no grass showing on the turf.