1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Feb 28, 2002.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious, what's the largest number of yards you do at one stop (dropping the gate 1 time)? Mine is 9 accounts out of total of 60.

LAWNS AND MOWER-----THINK SPRING!!!!:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:
  2. Three-all at full price.:)
  3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Two stops each w/ 8 accounts. The less you drop your gates, the higher your profit margin. The key is to not give discounts for your grouped accounts. Charge each individually at your normal rates. This way when you begin to get more accounts in the neighborhood and the neighbors compare $$, you won't look like a jackazz.

4. Been mowin' in this neighborhood for years. Can't get another customer here for anything! In fact I'm loosing accounts here. Had another one across the lake, but she died. I had to load up and go over there anyway, so it wouldn't count in your poll.:(

twin accts.jpg
  5. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

6 on the same street within 1/4 mile.
  6. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one stop where I service 13 accounts on the same block. I recently lost 2 to a low-baller, however the lawns look terrible and I will probably be getting both back (at a higher price) very soon.
  7. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

I have a small community where I do 5 Residentials and the city. It takes 6 hrs. on Thurs. and 8 hrs. on Friday. I only drop the gate twice, once Thurs. and once Fri. When I first started there I had 8 residential but 2 moved and the others son moved home after college. Here is a pic. of a small portion of one of the lawns.

8. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Four is my total two on one side of the street two on the other. but i have six others that are two and two and two.
  9. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

I have one allotment where I do 5 soon to be nine and what the residents call the common grounds. Takes about 4 hrs. to do all with me flying solo.
  10. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

David Haggerty; seeing that picture of all that flat land almost makes me miss Ohio.