1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Clutch Driven Hydrolic Dumps: How to operate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ByrnesLandscaping1, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ByrnesLandscaping1

ByrnesLandscaping1 LawnSite Member

I just bought a International S1600 Dump Truck. I have never operated a clutch driven dumping system, and i was wonder what the correct way to operate it. It Goes up as it should but Should press the gas, or let it go up on its own at an idle. Thank you

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Only matters if you want it to raise faster.:)

I'd make sure you let off and were quick with the selector when the bed was almost to the top. Don't want to blow any seals out of the cylinder.

3. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I miss my International with the pto hoist. The elec./hyd units suck big time. Is there a way to make them drop down faster? Both of my dumps are power up and down.
  4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

There may be an adjustment but I'm really not sure... we have one electric hoist and it will be the last.
  5. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you remember anything, DON'T FORGET to disengage the PTO before you drive off. Some systems have virtually no fluid circulation and will overheat and fry the pump if you drive the truck on the freeway with the PTO engaged. Don't ask me how I know......:blush: