C'mon Landscapers why's the battle Exmark over Hustler?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by HLM HustlerZ, Sep 6, 2012.

1. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

Seriously Landscapers, especially ones in Georgia and the South why does every lawn guy that runs an Exmark Z have to praise them so much over other mowers i.e. Hustler, Scag, Husqvarna.

I know the Exmark Lazer Z is a well-built mower especially for turfgrasses, but geez a Hustler Super-Z or Scag TT will take a beating and still deliver a top-notch cut. I like the feel of the new Husqvarna PZ6034, it's a rugged beast thats really powerful. But every Exmark guy I talk to thinks theirs is the next best thing to sliced bread.....

I've cut with Exmark Lazer Z's a lot over the years, the handling and durability just doesn't compare to Hustler or Scag. What gives? Pricing?

2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah the old "my color mower is the best" argument. The good news is that the exmark users will be here to tell us they are in fact better then the yellow guys who will be arriving at the warp speed their mowers go. All the meanwhile orange guys will know they are right.

3. 290

290 LawnSite Member

You never hear much from the green guys.....:laugh:

4. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a good question, anymore they all seem to be on a equal playing field. Just comes down to a users preference. I prefer the husqvarna/Dixon/yazoo-kees my self.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Tennesseepowerstroke

Tennesseepowerstroke LawnSite Senior Member

I wish my Exmark left a better looking cut. I can't remember the last time I saw a Hustler mower in my area. I see a lot of John Deeres, quite a few Exmarks, and very few Scags.

6. HLM HustlerZ

Really, not many Hustlers on the ground in TN? what part do you live in? Exmark is the most popular down here by far. We have a 21 inch X series Exmark.

7. HLM HustlerZ

Yeah, I think your right about the quality across the board. I don't know much about Dixon or Yazoo-kees mowers, but I do know the new Husqvarna line PZ and PZ-T are tanks, really solid beefed-up zero turns. How's Dixon and Yazoo-kees relating to the PZ lines?

8. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cause they are the best...lol. actually that is what i started out with and have no reason to change. Tough equipment, easy to get parts and good dealer support
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Really the same just different colors. The dixon dx200 is the pz. The only difference is it has hydro gear 5400 the pz is pump n wheel motors. Dosnt have the suspension seat, flat free tries, nor the isolated rider platform. The dx100 is the same as the pz-t only difference is the deck lift assembly. Both decks are awesome. I know alot of guys trading in there deeres and exmarks for the pz.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

Hard to give much credentials to that deck. Looks very similar to another.

nmb_7iron_204x138.jpg

21330895_200x200.jpg