C'mon Landscapers why's the battle Exmark over Hustler?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by HLM HustlerZ, Sep 6, 2012.

1. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on locations. Just because those other brands are more expensive in your area than Exmark doesn't mean it applies to everyone else. But you have your reasons just like everyone else has theirs.

I got John Deere because they are slightly lower in cost than neighboring Scag, Exmark, and Kubota dealers. I also have Toro nearby but I can't stand the dealer so I won't bother there.

I haven't had any issues with my machines, and I have a great dealer with 2 locations within a 20 minute drive from me. No reason for me to switch brands.

2. KYMan

KYMan LawnSite Member

Around here it's mainly Exmarks and Scags with Exmarks slightly higher. Then it's Tanks. Pretty much the only 3. I've seen one with Choppers and maybe a couple Hustlers.

3. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

This is very true. My dealer carries the largest variety of brands you will find, and are a sponsor here with their online parts website mowpart.com.

They sell Scag, Toro, GH, Husky, Exmark, Snapper, and Ferris. Exmark is the highest priced mower they sell if your comparing apples to apples. Appx 5 out of 10 sales are Scag.

I have another dealer who sells Exmark about 40 miles away and his prices are even higher than my dealer.

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

When I was shopping for a mower two seasons ago I ended up going with Toro because as some have already said I couldn't justify the extra cost for the other brands, but at that time I really didn't have a clue I was just going on what everyone said was the best bang for the buck, Toro, most likely will stick with them next year on our next purchase.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

If it's isn't a Dixie Chopper, then it isn't a mower. :laugh:

Sorry, just felt the need to throw that in there. ;)