C'mon Ya Friggin Jerks

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sean Adams, May 8, 2008.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I was outside of our office this morning when I saw something go down right in front of me that you just don't see everyday...

The Waste Management truck was stopped in the middle of the road with two garbage men scurrying quickly and gracefully back and forth tossing cans and bags of garbage into the back of their truck.

Everyone knows that when the garbage truck is doing it's thing, you let it do it's thing, sit patiently, don't blow your horn, and pass the truck when they are done.

Being that this is a single lane road, there isn't much room to pass. The truck was in the middle of the road and cars started to line up coming in both directions.

When the garbage truck finally pulled off to the side of the road, I caught out of the corner of my eye and older woman yell out her window at the garbage men...

"C'mon Ya Friggin Jerks!!!"

Was just one of those things...I smiled, walked back into the office and got back to work.
  2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

it seems Some people are just in a rush and dont care
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

ya, we deal with "older women" most every day in lawncare and many of them can be inconsiderate malcontents:hammerhead:
  4. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

i was going down the road behind these 2 cars. pulling the trailer whatever. And this little honda in front of me. double yellow lines just pulls out over and tears off down the road. i was like must be in a hurry the car in front was doing the limit. people r nuts.
  5. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

They are friggin jerks!! I almost got into a fight with some of them last year during spring clean up season. First they empty my garbage pail, stealing my roll of garbage bags. Then as they come back around the cul de sac one of them yelled at me saying that I can't put any more bags at the curb. I was power raking a customers lawn and we were putting them curb side and they passed my half way through.

So I yelled at this gabage punk That I'll do whatever I want, He yells saying they aren't going to take them. (I guess because they had already passed and took what was there and they have some rule about not picking up from the same address twice. As they got closer I was still arguing because I couldn't care what they did. And they called a friggin goof ball supervisor on me. He was there in 3 minutes and the garbage man said "Now he's going to give you a fine" I told him to go F himself, told the supervisor to go F himself and told them that they stole my roll of garbage bags. They had to replace them but I still filed a complaint with city hall and gave the evil eye to all garbage men for about a month after that LOL.
  6. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:..........Awwwww that's funny.
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

In a classic episode of Marride With Children, Al has an announcement and Kelley was excited because she thought that al had finally passed the test to become a garbageman. They are about as considerate drivers as buses are.
  8. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Bill you sound like a great citizen and professional LCO. Do you always leave your yard waste for the customer to dispose?
  9. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I do. Are you always sarcastic? <<Rhetorical.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

maybe they were Pi$$ed that they had to do YOUR job you are the professional contractor and you leave your mess at the curb. I worked for a trash company for 6 years and if we cought someone doing what yhou were doing we would leave the trash and the company would notify the homeowner that they were going to be charged extra for a commercial pick up. if you cant do the job properly (which includes disposal) the dont do it.