C'mon Ya Friggin Jerks

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sean Adams, May 8, 2008.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I will usually take leaves, but if the customer says its ok to leave them I will. I just dont get why the garbage will take leaves the homeowner raked, but if they paid someone to do the same thing they dont want to.

2. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Well if I had a very large trailer (I only have a 5x10 utility trailer) I would consider offering to take thatch to the dump at an extra cost I could market it up some how. But I'm not buying a large trailer for a 3 week power raking season especially in my city where it's extremely common for homeowners and co.s alike to put spring and fall clean up at the curb. If I was to do it now, with my current set up, I would have to go to the dump every few yards.

As it is, I have many loyal customers and I've only had one person in three seasons complain.

My God you Yanks can't spell. I've heard about your education system.:laugh:

3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i guarentee it didnt bother the garbage men one bit

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Noon hour last summer...4-way intersection w/3 lanes each. Very heavy traffic. Green arrow lit up, but the car in front didn't move. I was in the center lane next to a city truck that was in line to make that left turn (4 guys inside the truck, and they had their windows down). Well, the light turned red so nobody was able to turn. All of a sudden one of the city employees stuck his head out the window and yelled, "Hey you stupid F___!!!!" Lots of people heard that cuz it was a calm day, and many had their windows down too.:laugh:

The driver blocking all the cars was a young woman talking on her cell phone. I'll never forget that one.

5. VT MOWER

VT MOWER LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

THAT'S TOO FUNNY!
    I just noticed that you're in St. Johnsbury, I was just up there
    for my kids LAX game against St. J Academy this past Saturday. Great guys you have there

6. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

just kick back and wait.there are enough other thing to annoy you in this business without getting pissed at the other people trying to do their job.

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Waste management "a friend of ours"........if u know what i mean.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

some people are just jerks

9. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a shame

10. NickWilson

NickWilson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

We never haul leaves away. The city provides curbside pick up during the fall season. Just get them out to the curb and the city does the rest.