coal tar on a garage door

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by PGHSEALER, Aug 2, 2014.

1. PGHSEALER

PGHSEALER LawnSite Member

Exactly what the title says. I deal coated a driveway as soon as I was done about 30 large rain drops came down on the driveway and splashed up on the garage door. And suggestions how I can get it off without turning the door Yellow or stripping the paint off. It's a white vinyl garage door.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I would call the manufacturer of the product you put down. They should have a technical person or department that knows what to do.

3. PGHSEALER

I guess I should've put that in the post. It was Sealmaster coal tar
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 LawnSite Member

oil flo. works great. soft bristle brush spray alil oil-flo, scrub it and wash with a wet rag. don't let it dry. as soon as you scrub it wipe it off with the rag. might have to use a few times in a spot depends on how thick the sealer is.

5. PGHSEALER

Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dodgegmc1213

no problem. worse comes to worse you can just throw a coat of white paint on it

7. PGHSEALER

They won't settle for white paint. I already offered. They want a new garage door. It's a retirement community the houses are all in the 400k and up range. I got 80 driveways in the neighborhood so I might just bite the bullet if this doesn't work and do whatever they want. I could potentially end up doing all of the houses in the neighborhood. Just sucks for me this year!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

9. dodgegmc1213

I hear you there. my brother was doing driveways one day with his brother in law. last driveway, sun was beating right on the house and driveway, my bro got the compressor and everything ready yelled at is in law to make sure the wand was off, he did something with the wand and said ok my bro kicked the air on and bam all over the house. my bro was bought to cry stripping and using his clothes to get it off but it baked on there. my dad ended up replacing the siding. good thing the lady was really nice.

10. PGHSEALER

I found a product called solve all. I purchased it from the Sealmaster. The stuff works great. I got everything off in about 15 minutes.
    Posted via Mobile Device