Coated potassium?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lilmarvin4064, Feb 10, 2006.

1. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

poly-coated sulfur-coated sulfate of potash, or similar.

I'd only like to do one summer app, and with using a fert w/ a high slow N, and a 30% to 50% slow K, I think I could keep diseases to minimum and help the turf through drought conditions. Agronomicaly, to me, it makes sense rather than 2 summer apps.

Anyone ever use it? I was thinking of incorporating into my program this year. Could the results be worth the price?

2. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

LESCO's Polyvex ferts are pretty good for that. Basically, they are Meth-Urea compounds that provide a much slower release than regular SCU (very similar to the MESA line that Lebanon sells).

I know that they sell a Momentum w/Polyvex fert, and that might be a pretty good idea for you, especially if you're not used to spraying for broadleaf but would still like to sell a weed-control app. Either way, call your LESCO reps and they'll be able to let you know what fert analyses they can get you with Polyvex slow-release.

3. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot to mention this, but I'm pretty sure that the Momentum with polyvex is a 21-0-12 NPK.

4. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, i'm somewhat familiar with Lesco's Polyvex. I don't think it has any slow K though, only slow N. Lesco does have a 0-0-39 coated K. should last a good 2 months at least. Their 14-14-14 also contains some of this. I thought Lebanons Expo was the slow K?

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes the new product from Lebanon (Expo) is a slow release SOP combined with the MESA Nitrogen. Those two together could make a very good product. The one I noticed was a 25-0-12.

I'm contemplating using it in a partial round this year.