Just like the cobblers kids my house seems to be the last one to get things of a lawn maintenance or landscape nature taken care of. We were able to finally carve out some free time, so I nearly completed a small project I had been promising my wife all season. The entryway on our lane had a large cedar type bush right in the middle of the large patch of dirt in the first pic. That thing was around 35 to 40 years old, very large, very out of control and difficult to see around when exiting the lane. I had taken all but a very, very large and well embedded stump out earlier this season. The stump was a stubborn booger to remove, we tried the John Deere we use to run grain wagons with a chain, no go. I finally chopped around it as much as I could with an axe, after digging down some. I piled old brush up and lit 'er up. Pushed it out like a rotted tooth after that with the skid steer. We still need to transition between the new bed and older one (from the wall block), but my chief financial officer was happy none the less and even more so when I showed her what the bill would be for a customer vs. what it cost her.... Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge. Tree Peonies in the front of the bed, Mums, Japanese silver grass, upright sedum, and transplanted iris's. I used this minimal amount of plants as these will all eventually fill most of this space as they mature. Most are fall plants as far as blooming with the exception of the iris and peonies. I selected fall plants as most of our other beds are early spring, and throughout summer beds, we really had little to no fall blooming plants. The wall block is Harvest King block from my stone supplier. Added about six buckets of topsoil for contour, three buckets of X ground hardwood mulch from my supplier. Very windy that day, really all week cool temps as well. Good to get something done at home for a change, Enjoy.