1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

cobblestone install

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by FIREMAN Q, Apr 24, 2006.

1. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

I am working on an estimate for edging a driveway with cobble stone. I will also be adding about 23-34 tons of stone. My first question is about charging for the cobble install. I will have to remove some old 4X4's first but i think that will make the job easier, it is already lined and i will just have to remove a little more earth. I will need about 345 blocks to complete this job. how long do you think it will take and approx. what should i charge for a job like this???

also i asked in the newbie section but maybe i can get some more answers here. How much do you guys normally charge per ton of crushed stone. I have used 110 and i think that is fair. but at 23-34 tons that adds up very quickly. I know everyone has different overhead and prices differ from area but i can get most material for around $25 a ton. What do you charge for something like this. For this job plus in general per ton rate??

I know price is always a touchy subject but any suggestions would be great.