Cocoa Mulch

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fishindude, Jul 30, 2006.

  1. fishindude

    fishindude LawnSite Member
    Posts: 43

    I just read an email from a friend stating that a friend of his labrador puppy died from eating this mulch (cocoa mulch) made by Hersey. Can anyone varify the danger of this mulch or is it just email junk?
     
  2. PerennialSuccess

    PerennialSuccess LawnSite Member
    Posts: 53

    Yes, it is VERY toxic if ingested.
     
  3. Runner

    Runner LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 13,494

    Not exactly. Even looking at it in a doubtful way, look at this site. This site explains many of the "folk lore" and urban legends that come over the internet, and it says that it is true.
     
  4. ToughAsStihl

    ToughAsStihl LawnSite Member
    from Vermont
    Posts: 124

    Yes dogs are not supposed to eat chocolate. I would assume that the shell of the bean is also bad for dogs.
     
  5. JT1304

    JT1304 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 97


    Chocolate is poisionous, just not to humans. Your body has to contain a certain enzyme in order to break down the chocolate. Dogs (and some humans) do not have this enzyme. :weightlifter:
     

Share This Page