1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Code Enforcement Called Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Apr 6, 2001.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Came home to find a message on our answering machine from our local Code Enforcement Officer.
    Very curious to find out what it pertained to.

"Hello, is Bob there?". "No, he is not in right now. But I'm the part time code enforcement, who's calling?" "This is Jodi, and I want to know what this is about." "We called about the extreme amount of dog feces that are in your yard. "HUH, what are you talking about? That is not dog turds. We just had our yard core aerated. Those are 3 inch plugs of soil. I am very mad about this. Who called and complained?" "We aren't able to give out names." "Well I want someone to come out here immediately to look at this."

So the code comes out to the house, and I proceed to pick up plugs and crumble them in my hand. I told them if they weren't so lazy, and actually would have gotten out of their car to inspect the yard, they would have seen that it was soil.

I am offended by this, because now I think there is someone out there that thinks we are filthy pigs leaving crap lay everywhere.

I can't stand living in a neighborhood with a bunch of nebby neighbors. Can you believe there are people out there that don't even know what core aeration is?

Ok, I'm done griping for awhile.

2. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Stupid people should not breed.
  3. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe people who have way too much time on their hands, or meaningless jobs are jealous of normal people!
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lol!!!! I have actually had customers call me the day I aerated to ask me if I know where all the geese shi* on there lawn came from! I almost want to tell them that I hauled it in because its great fertilizer... but I explain to them the process of aeration and they ussually feel quit stupid! ;)
  5. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

This is your tax dollar hard at work driving around checking on alleged “poodle poo” in a lawn when they should be enforcing ordinances on tall grass, vacant lots, run down property, junk cars or something else productive to earn their keep. Some people are just to slow, tell the code enforcer your aerator is a dog $hit injector and does he/she have a dog you could borrow, as you need more raw material to fill the machine up.

I am sure you will find out who the nut bag was that reported the “dog feses” just sling some cores at them when they go by and make sure to wave with one finger.
    People need to mind their own business and jump in a shallow pond.
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This is unreal. It is hard to believe anyone could be that stupid to call them in the first place. As Eslawns said, "Stupid People should not breed."
  7. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

I thought it was a late April-fools joke, at first!! Hard to believe that there are people like that in this world!
  8. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the bright side, at least people in your neighborhood care. I can go a 10 blocks over from where I live, in GP, and no one would care if you filled a yard up with dog crap and set it on fire. Sad but true.
    Jim L
  9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Jodi, I'm sorry I called the Code Enforcment on you. I really thought that you were starting a puppy mill at your house. Next time I will get out of my car and smell, and touch and taste the plugs, just to be sure they really aren't droppings.
  10. T-Bone

T-Bone LawnSite Member

You should have told the dumb azz that you have worked very hard training them dogs to distribute evenly and didn,t think anyone would mind as long as it wasn't in a pile.