Code names/ nicknames for customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albemarle Lawn, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My employees would often give me a blank look if I said go to Mr. Schwartz house on Edgewood Ln, etc.

We evolved into nicknames for the lawns and they can remember those. For example, we have a sprawling one-level that looks Spanish. It looks like the Chi-Chi's restaurant, so for years now we just call it Chi-Chi's. I say go cut the grass at Chi-Chi's.

We have an Indian family, with a name I can't pronounce on a street with a name I can't even remember. I say go cut the grass at HINDU's. And the grass gets cut.

Anyone else have nicknames for props?

KB

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

We had alot of customer nicknames at my previous employer.
    I would make sure your employee's know to never use the nickname when dealing with the customer directly. Some people might take offense:) ED

3. Bob_McNaughton

Bob_McNaughton LawnSite Member

We had a customer named Lee, and the street he lived on was "Gettysburg".

I routinely could be heard saying "Go mow the generals" or sometimes one of my other employees would say "Be sure to trim the battlefield today".

LMAO

4. Yep

We have had a few nicknames over the years but I finally got rid of them

We had one guy that walked slowly, we called him Baby Steps and the guys knew to cut him and the other three

Another one was the Dungeon the house down a hill from hell

It was hard to memorize all of the addresses years ago when I went to 2 crews and couldn’t use the customers name cause they wouldn’t know where I was talking about so the Nicknames came out
    House that were different we used that. Houses that had statues or monuments in the yard we used that. Even use the house around the corner from McDonalds

Most every one has nick names for properties make sure if they are bad ones the client don’t hear them

LGF:blob1:

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

My previous employee had a nick name for just about all 50 houses we maintained..... hippy house (a middle aged couple with a pink and turquoise house...... the artist type),grumpy man house (guy always came out always looking pissed off and asked him to do extras..... they were alot of stupid names but they were easier to remember than 50 last names.

6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

We had names like blind man, blinky's house, hag's, etc.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We have three lady customers in a row. We call them the 3 Stooges. We also have three black customers in a row. We call them the 3 black Stooges.

One guy who has tattoos all over his body. We call him Tattoo Man.

Lady who's last name is Hawe. We would always pronounce it as Howe. And she would correct us rather haughtly. So now we call her Hee Haw.

One customer who my mom went to school with a long time ago. This customer used to be a cheerleader and used to be thin. Her name is Lois. In school she used to be called Little Lo. Well she ain't little anymore, but we still call her Little Lo.

One lady we can't pronounce her name. Her house has purple shutters. So we call her the purple shutter lady.

Obviously these names are just between my husband and me.

8. i use nicknames frequently with my guys. however nick names are few and far between. there are several "casa loco personas" you just have to use the town name in front of the nick name. there is "casa de ossining lawn mower" "casa fat man" "casa de bedford" "deli senor" and all the other ones. we just find em and use em. it is easier. my personal favorite- "casa senor get undressed"

9. Loosestrife

Loosestrife LawnSite Member
    from PA

The PissAnt
    The Prime Minister
    Hockey Head
    Mrs. Sex
    Mrs. Paranoid
    Mrs. Rectum
    LittleOldLadyWhoWon'tTellMeHerName
    Window Man
    Warehouse Man
    Stained Glass Man
    Beer Man
    The Pisser (this guy always smelled like a urinal)
    Virgin Mary
    Sexy Doctor
    Rusty Jones
    Body Shop Guy
    Wiesenschouzner
    George Costanza
    Snag 'L Tooth
    Tony the Tiger

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well I dont have names for my customers, but I have names for my equipment.....For the backpack blower, I call her "MONICA" ....for obvious reasons! The 8hp Little Wonder is called Big MONICA. My trucks called "BIG RED", and the Lazer is called "LITTLE RED". There are others, but none as fun as those.