1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

coer-aeration 1 pass,2 passes,3 passes and broadcast seed prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Aug 15, 2001.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

getting ready for seeding.
    fescue grass seed2-5 lbs. per m.
    1 pass=$24.00
    2 passes=$28.00
    3 passes=$32.00
    24.00 seems ok but 28-32 seems little low,what do you guys think?
  2. Is that passes with seed or what?
    Please make question more specific so we can try to answer. thank you

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

4. well it seems then if you were to put down twice the seed then it would be 2X the price

5. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Im assuming your talking about slice seeding?? It Seems realllllllllllllll cheap to me ant. Let me know where you are and Ill sub my seeding out to you. (just kidding)

Think about what your installing here and then justify what your doing price wise. Your installing a lawn for your client that will last for years to come, and needs to be done correctly. People are not going to look to reseed their lawns annually if they are paying you to treat the lawn and show improved results year after year.

I saw your other post regarding aerating and most were charging 10+ per 1000, and involves only machine rental, and no materials. Also will have no call backs, few if any complaints and once your done your done.

Now with seeding your talking about a more expensive rental (most likely), spending 5 to 7 dollars per 1000 on seed, will have customer expectations of a beautiful lawn. Youll have to check back on the property to insure proper watering and to see the results of your work. Your also going to be called back on sites for areas that missed, grass that didnt grow in or re-seeding areas due to poor results.

Your price seems very cheap to me, and likely will to you after you realize all that comes with providing this service.
  6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

As others have posted, most prices are 2-4 times what you would get to mow. And as always, recheck your bottom line just to make sure your making money. It never hurts to look!