Cold-Air Intake on a Ram

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lawn Enforcer, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys, is it worth it to get a cold-air intake on my '05 Ram 1500 w/ 4.7
    V8? Will it boost mileage and power? Is there anything else cool that guys have done with their 1/2 ton trucks?
  2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

I like the S&B filters myself. but for a gas I would get something like K&N
  3. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I do not have it on a Ram, but have a K&N system on my F150 with a 4.6 and notice a big increase in trottle response. Any gains that may be there in mileage are not noticed because my foot is always in it:laugh: !
  4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

intakes are always a good thing.
  5. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a k&n cold air intake on my 96 ram, along with a performance exhaust. I noticed a huge difference in power, sound, and throttle response. It is supposed to help mileage too... if you can keep your foot off the throttle.
  6. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

thats usally the problem any extra power is used some where throw an extra mower on the trailer this that. right turns on red full load and stomp the pedal down. i dno y i am in such a hurry i just like the sound. this is not a daily thing for me most days i drive like an old person.
  7. Top Dog Pavers

Top Dog Pavers LawnSite Member

Ive always thrown CAI's on my trucks......doesnt really do anything for the MPG or the power unless you do a chip & an exhaust but it will sound alot meaner on those ram's
  8. Denham Lawnboy

Denham Lawnboy LawnSite Member

I have the samr exact truck and I went with the AirAid CAI and FlowMaster 40 seriers duals. It sounds great and really woke up the truck.