1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cold calling potential clients

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JKOOPERS, Oct 17, 2005.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i went on to my citys website and they had all the HOAs and their phone numbers and who to contact. so i thought i would give it a try and sure enough i have a meeting with the president of a villa community next week . i guess i will have to do more of this.
  2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Cheap and effective advertising. I do a lot of cold calling in the spring, I think it's one of the best ways to fill up the mowing schedule.
  3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

For commercial work, that is a good method I think. But for actual businesses with regular hours, I think it's even better to go in person.

As for residential work, cold calling isn't the best idea.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting you say that, I NEVER call my customers soliciting for work thou 95% are residential and yes I've tried it once or twice and the response was cool enough to chill me out forever... I just spend more on advertising and now they ALWAYS call me :)
    Of course yes I call most my last-year's customers in the spring whom for some reason or another we did not agree in the fall to resume the services but other than that I leave most of it alone, the full schedule really helps.

Guess with commercial it's different...

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i would like to about 5 - 10 accounts for common ground in subdivisions for next year . so i will keep on cold calling. as far as calling residential or businesses i wouldnt wanna be bothered so i dont it .