1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cold calling this late?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by godsey03, Apr 28, 2004.

1. godsey03

godsey03 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Would cold calling this late in the season be worth it? Want to pick up everything we can this year so we are trying everything. Just wondering if it would be beneficial or a total waste of time. Let me know what you think. Thanks

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I ask a better question....why cold call at all? I don't think most people view that as professional.
  3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Id be carefull with that, with all these Do Not Call lists.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Godsey03,

Here is a great post that may be helpful.

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Well, lets see this is how i got started.

First i went to the orange county & semionle county tax record web sites, and looked up thoses neighborhoods that are no further away from my house than 20 miles.

Had a door hanger printed , business cards printed, and an envlope printed,with a company logo, did a lot on mailings with the home owners name on the envlope.

Talked to other guys in the business, cold called my own neighborhood, while walking my dog, great ice breaker,

Cut some deals for the people that live on my street.

Talked to some of my friends that are general contractors, they now are to busy to work on their own yard, if they take a day to do so, they loose more money than to have me come in and take care of it, in return i recomend them when ever i can, which we swap leads most of the time.