Cold heat tool

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jbailey52, Dec 11, 2006.

1. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can this tool we have all seen on TV be used so solder LV wires?

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I only messed with one for a couple of minutes it should work. you can get them at radio shack

3. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it should also... As of right now, if that works, better than spending hundreds on the soldering kits

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I havnt played with them yet but I can tell you my weller 140w took a bit of time to get the wires hot enough to properly let the solder flow.

The flux then solder dip method is proven and really does create a really strong bond thats not going to fail if you do it right.

few hundred bucks for the solder kit is peanuts compared to what you should make on a decent job. I know alot of guys out there that dont solder but rememeber what go backs cost you and your reputation to go all the way back and find your bad connection.

It can be a pain in some tight areas or behind bushes (this is where I used a solder gun) but imagine crawling back there at night trying to diagnois a failed connection. You can make positive connections other ways also but this is the way I preffer.