Cold Weather Starts with Propane

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by ed2hess, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Reg is a Beam Model T60...

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Thanks. Now, what does the purge cycle actually do?

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I couldn't resist. Great choice of wording. Lol on a serious note. How are u liking the propane powered machines?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I really dont know why I am changing the units over. We bought two used units that both had propane then I took a 2000 hr unit that I put a short block on and converted it. We think maybe it might give us a little edge on some commericial properties or at least we are on par with the big guys. With the tnks full the units really float along, meaning front is really light. The units seem to have more hp but don't know if that is true. I hoped we could save a little money but that didn't happen unless I can go longer between oil changes. I do kinda hate luging the tanks in every week
    to get propance when the gas place is 110F in the sun. Some guys coment that we must be really rolling in the dough because we got propane on but whatever.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think we have any program for old units. You know with this gas prices continuing to drop I might have to convert them back. The one that I am having trouble starting(without me sucking) now runs on all kind of slopes and it runs fine on startup on cold days. I went 2000 hrs and couldn't get those problems fixed. So I am a happy camper. I cut all today the grass
    and WEEDs are still growing.