1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cold weather

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John at JDH Select, Apr 13, 2004.

1. John at JDH Select

John at JDH Select LawnSite Member
    from Indy

Man it was cold mowing in Indy today - about 40 deg. It is really tough to show off the company logo when my crew is dressed like they are pushing snow.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

It was pretty warm up here today, but windy. Supposed to get into the 70's on Friday (thank GOD)
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'd have to say you are spoiled if you think 40 is cold. As long as it aint snowin, we are workin.

This is what we got last year after starting spring cleans. This year is good so far.

mar03 003.jpg
  4. John at JDH Select

John at JDH Select LawnSite Member
    from Indy

After looking at that pic from your area, I would say it was a balmy 40 deg. in Indy!
  5. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

been quite chilly in the morning's. 32 this mornin with a 10 mph wind out of the north...quite nipply with shorts on, eeek.

warmed up to a nice 74 this afternoon...gunna get into the 80's in the next couple days.

gotta love kansas!
  6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

It was the same here today. 40 degrees, cloudy and 15 to 20 mph wind. Not bad if youre working, but I was sitting on the Z all day .