Cold, wind rain and mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, May 21, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have horible conditions today.. love the rain cause we wouldnt be mowing if it was bone dry... but man end of may.. wind wipin and rain off and on with a temp of about 48 all day... Burrr.. and i am sure a lot of you were working today in the northeast

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

This week sucked big time....Im glad it is over.

3. That weather system was here for a week! It'd screw up an entire day for a tenth of an inch of rain. I worked wet for a week. You're welcome to the rain but don't expect much.

Dave

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, we had the same conditions here last week. I was wearing sweatshirts and turtle necks pretty much all week and I forgot the rain suit was on as well. :waving: This week I saw is going to be much better.

JP

5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

it is awful down here, sunny for 10 mins, then pouring rain. i was in the garden center at home depot today and it started hailing on us (large hail too), i waited inside homedepot for 20 mins, for the hail to slow down.

6. lawncare18

Same garbage here... sunny 30 misn.. start mowing 20 mins later thundering and heavy rains.. 20 mins later sunny... its almost funny.. oh well life goes on and so does work.. no need to stress grass will sitll be there tomm.. and come august we will wish it was raining like this

7. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

We've had almost 3 weeks of rain - cold and windy to boot. I'm plenty sick and tired of working in full rain gear. Then it takes a hot shower and 3 hours with the electric blanket on high to get warm again. Not expecting to see the sun until Wednesday. Expecting SNOW tonight. Unbelievable!!!

8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I ate dust that my mower was kicking up today...it stuck to the gallons of sweat that was pouring off my heat exhausted body and then baked to a hardened finish by the good 'ol Oklahoma sun! I'll take your rain and 48 degree temp for trade any day!

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

It almost didn't rain here today. Tommorrow looks to be absoluetly beautiful (well, partly cloudy and a high of almost 60) Thats about perfect for me. That makes almost two weeks with rain everday here.

10. lawncare18

no snow grassmanvy?? thought for sure you would be posting pics of snoe up there in vt...lol lol