Collection Agencies

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you guys reccomend any specific company for collection? Thanks

2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

yeah my cousin vinny down in Jersey, what ever you do dont miss your payments. lol

3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I would be interested in this info also, The company I use has not collected anything for me yet...

I can give you one that everyone will reccommend that I will say to stay away from. olddebts.com. They make you pre-pay, so you pay even if they don't collect, and they send 4 letters. Big Deal. A real collection company is paid only if they collect, and sends tons of letters and ,akes tons of phone calls until payment is collected. olddebts is kind of a rip off.

4. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

5. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I have pretty good luck with old debts, took a few months but I got my money

6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had bad luck with olddebts.com. I think they're a waste of money.

7. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

We don't let it get beyond one application, unless I personally know the client.

We ......... don't service unless current.

We do our own collections, face to face.

8. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm with ya! I don't let them get beyond 1 app behind unless they're an old customer I know will pay. They get a phone call and or a letter at 30 days past due. They get another letter at 45days. If I don't receive payment by 60 days I drop them like a bad habit.I don't have time to go to court and fight with people. I cut my losses. I'd much rather they be a headache for somebody else. So, I weed out the "chronic problems" along the way. There are a few that have balls that clank. When they call me and want me to come back. I usually tell them I require a prepayment check for any more service. That either straightens them out or sends them packing.

9. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

One more thing,.............I don't want somebody else representing our company.