1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Collection Agency?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by agrostis palustris, Aug 4, 2002.

1. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

Does anyone here use a collection service to get monies owed? I had a customer who left the country a while ago owing my company approximatley $4,000.00 Can anyone recommend an agency that will get me my money, or at least part of it? I know the country the people are in, and the company that the husband works for.
  2. I used collection agencies in the past w/o good results.

For 4,000 I would look at small claims-dont know what you rules are in ny but here we sue in county where work was done, and can have them served at last known address.
    You know where they work so maybe you can attach their wages after winning in court.

Do they still own property? Maybe a mechanics lien? Or a judgement lien after court.
  3. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

Property is sold already. So a lien is not possible. They live in another hemisphere at this time. Small claims court is only good up to $2,000
  4. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

sorry sounds like you are sol .chances are even if you win a jugement you will never see any money.i know it stinks i've been burned before.good luck
  6. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Yep,if they skipped countries kiss it goodbye,if they owe you $4000 your probably in line with a lot of other people:cry: