collection letter needed

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by contourbs, Jun 14, 2005.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

ive used the seach but i couldnt find the one i used before

2. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

NOTICE OF UNPAID INVOICE
    Date:
    To:
    Dear
    On , (year), we received your check for $
    representing payment on the following invoice(s):
    Invoice(s) Amount
    However, this did not include payment on the following overdue invoice(s) which remain
    unpaid, and are now overdue.
    Invoice(s) Amount
    In reviewing your account we assume the unpaid invoice(s) are due to oversight. Please
    advise if you need copies of the unpaid invoice(s) or if there is a question regarding the
    invoice(s), otherwise we shall anticipate prompt payment on these outstanding invoice(s). The
    total balance due is $ .
    We look forward to your prompt attention to this matter.
    Very truly yours,

DEMAND FOR PAYMENT
    Date:
    To:
    Dear
    We have tried several times to resolve the problem of your past due account, but the
    problem continues. Your account remains seriously overdue in the amount of $ .
    This is your final notice. Unless we have your check for
    dollars ( $ ) within ten (10) days,
    we shall immediately turn your account over to our attorneys for collection.
    We believe youÂ’ll agree that immediate payment is in your own best interest as it will
    save you added interest and court costs, and help preserve your credit rating.
    Very truly yours,

Take your pick.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Dear Sir or Madam,

You have owed me $XX since (date) that is long past due. So I strongly suggest that you pay up at once Botch or I will be forthwith placing my foot (size 13) up your azz in the very near future.

Thank you and have a Great Day.

Sincerely,

123 Lawn Care and Azz Kicking, INC

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

5. Lawnaholic

Lawnaholic LawnSite Member
    from DFW, TX

Co. Name:
    Co. Owner:
    Co. Telephone:

Attn:customer name
    customer address

Just leaving you a reminder for the lawncare balance of $________. Please have balance taken care of by date right here. An additional $25 late fee will be assessed for any balance not paid in full by same date as previous date line. Thereafter, additional $10 late fees will be assessed for every week past same date as previous date line starting on make this date one week to the day from the previous three date lines until the balance is paid in full. Please call to arrange for pick up of payment. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Owner Signature:

Here's a sample of it with actual dates...

ABC Lawncare/Landscape
    Joe Schmo
    555-555-5555

Attn:John Do
    1717 Elm Street

Just wanted to leave you a reminder for the lawncare balance of $140. Please have balance taken care of by June 20, 2005. An additional $25 late fee will be assessed for any balance not paid in full by June 20, 2005. Thereafter, additional $10 late fees will be assessed for every week past the 20th starting on June 27, 2005 until the balance is paid in full. Please call to arrange pick up of payment. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Jo Schmo

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Hate to sound like a salesperson, but I was just getting to make this announcement on the site anyway...

We are offering a new Templates & Forms Kit...
    contains a great collection letter, along with 20 other really effective letters including "Raising Prices", "Monthly Payment Options", "Welcome To The Neighborhood", and "Getting New Clients", etc...

Kit also includes multiple examples of contracts, estimates, proposals

A section on how to bid properly for profit with examples

Examples of door hangers, flyers, leave behinds

Employee Forms and a lot more....

There are 80 different forms total plus the Estimating tutorial available on disk or immediate download via email...

Here's a more detailed description....

http://www.lawncaresuccess.com/lawncare/templatesformskit.asp

If you have any questions, email me at lawnsite@comcast.net

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Name Date:
    Address
    Merritt Island, FL 32952
    Balance Due: $

Please be advised that the above referenced indebtedness has been referred to Your Attention for immediate action.

The previous Invoice Efforts of Fantasy Lawns in soliciting your cooperation have proven unsuccessful. I suggest you contact your attorney at once concerning your legal liability concerning the above referenced debt.

Fantasy Lawns will assume this debt is valid unless you dispute its validity, or any portion thereof, within Thirty (30) days from the date of this letter. Upon notification in writing that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed within this Thirty (30) day period, Fantasy Lawns will obtain verification of the debt and will mail you copies of the same.

If you fail to notify Fantasy Lawns of any dispute regarding the validity of this debt within thirty (30) days from receipt of this letter, Fantasy Lawns will assume this debt is valid, and may notify a credit reporting agency of the debt delinquency, place the debt with a collection agency and/or take legal action to collect the debt.

If any such legal action is taken and results in Judgment against you, a Writ of Execution may be issued against your attachable assets. Any legal action taken may result in additional expenses, including service of process and other court costs; thereby increasing your debt and overall financial obligation.

In order to prevent the foregoing action, you must contact Fantasy Lawns Inc., within Thirty (30) days from the date of this letter to make arrangements for the immediate payment of this debt, after this time the balance shall be forwarded to our collection agent, whom WILL collect the balance along with all fees they charge for such services.