collection system for fall cleanup ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MImowerkid, Aug 24, 2004.

1. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

I was just thinking about this or next fall and if a collection system would work well for picking up a inch or two of leaves or even more I would be willing to switch blades or something if it comes about I am running a 20 horse toro 52 inch . any suggestions on bagger or separate collector ? Thanks in advance

2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

we use trac-vac collection sysytems on all of our mower...they operate off of an aux motor and we love them...

have seen alot of guys around here with toros who are running the spindle and PTO driven models that i belive are made by toro.

its all personel preferance to what type of canister, do you like a aux motor of would you rather have a pto or spindle driven unit

3. PrecisionLawnsInc

PrecisionLawnsInc LawnSite Member

We are considering using our backpack to blow leaves into rows and picking them up with the stander and a leaf gobbler. Anyone tried this?

Ty

4. MImowerkid

5 star , I went to the trac vac site and found the 462 z that is kinda what I was thinking about , do you run one of these on one of your z's . also do you know a place that carries them? the site only showed 1. thanks for the advice

5. toro makes a spindle driven bagger similer to exmark's ultra vac .Stay away from the toro dfs it sucks .To balkey and heavy and doesnt do to good a job either

6. C&S Services

C&S Services LawnSite Member

I looked into the trac-vac for my 52" toro $1600.00 min with no shipping ect.. How much did you pay 5 Star if you do not mind?

7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

we have 2 trac vac 462-z's...love them i would definatly sugest the 5.5 honda optional engine......Commercial Lawn mower in livonia should have them iin stock.....i think i paid 1900 for the honda engine model ill have to check that though

8. C&S Services

C&S Services LawnSite Member

5 Star, Like the pics on you homepage. How does that silver dodge do with the enclosed trailer w/ the (if i'm wrong forgive me) lift in the truck? I have a 1/2 ton and just put real aggressive tires on for this winter, plan on snow blowing if things go well. I've noticed it handles a little differant towing my trailer than it did before.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Holy MACKERAL do you need a different plan! Experience, experience, experience. PM me, and I'll give you some suggestions on how to use the equipment that YOU have to a much more efficient process.

10. MImowerkid

That is all great I think I might give it a try!