1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

collection system for Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenleaf Property MGT, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Greenleaf Property MGT

Greenleaf Property MGT LawnSite Member

What types of collection systems are you all using, I have a 60" deck with 27 HP Kawi and wondering what works the best, demoed a 3 bag ultra vac worked great pain in the $%# to dump every 2 minutes, what are my options?????????

Thanks in advance

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

why did you have to dump every two minutes? I got the 2 bag system and it wworks real well.
  3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro 3 bag kit old style
    ferris trip bag like them both.
  4. Greenleaf Property MGT

Greenleaf Property MGT LawnSite Member

ok so maybe every 10-15 minutes but it is very time consuming to dump all three bags I was just trying to find out what everyone else is using, I like the idea behind the DFS system but most people say they do not performe as good as the ultra vac system
  5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually you will find the ultra vac does not perform well in high and wet conditions! Toros old bagger was the best out there by far.
  6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

DFS - all 4 Z have them. I really don't have any issues - the chute or boot may clog now and then but I like them cuz it fits our rigs.

We back up the trailer - which has a side dump on it, unload, start mowing again. Really have no reason not to get off the mower.

No more lifting bags over the truck or trailer, on / off etc.
  7. TeeBox

TeeBox LawnSite Member

I have a Z Master 560 series with 60in deck and also have the DFS system. I was wondering if anyone has trouble with the deck blowing the leaves in front of you on the right side of deck before you can pick them up? Over all I like the system but this one problem is a pain in my a**. I have adjusted the chute and makes no difference. Anyone else have this problem?