collection system ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, Sep 4, 2007.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

i have seen a collection system advertised that uses two large gray trashcans mounted behind a zero turn - but i can't remember the name of the company - any help

2. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

I thinks its called the trac vac.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

44 gallon rubbermaid cans...made by Trac Vac, they make a variety of collection systems

4. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

Any Good? do you have any?

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have 4 of them. They work well.

Only downside is seeing over the top and/or side of them and the leaf dust that vents out the top while collecting leaves can get kind of annoying.

6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

one huge con, or pro i guess, is that it has its own independant engine, at least mine did. as they get older they dont run as good, hard to start cold, harder to start hot, etc, which could disable you from using your bagger all together. its also one more engine to maintain. i had to shut mine off to empty the buckets because as you opened it, even at idle, it blew everthing all over. it was very heavy too. the pro would be that it doesnt run off of a pulley on the mower deck like the giant vac ultra vac system, so its not eating up the mower's engine HP. i personally didnt like it and sold it.

7. TerraJeeps

TerraJeeps LawnSite Member

Bluebird makes one the same way. I got one for sale with a new 10 hp B&S, fits a Tiger if you want it.