1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Collection systems for walk behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iski3d, Feb 19, 2003.

1. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

Who makes a large collection system with a pony motor for a walk behind, perticularly a 60" turf tracer? does trac vac still make this unit? doe any one have one? does exmark make an ultra vac for this machine? i dont think they do. thanks.
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I'm Not impressed with the Trac-vac 470 I have several Of them. On My o older turf tracers i Went with the jrco transporter & tub also You can go with the bagger that has Two Part from north Carolina (pj at hustler Knows) And that bagger is 10 Bushel's And the Tub You can fit 10 bushel's. It Is easy To take off And On and will not affect your view.
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Protero makes a nice looking one. It is brand new not even on the website. Saw it in the walk behind and accessories buying guide in Turf Magazine, the February one. It runs off of the deck and has two big hoppers on top of the deck like a Trac Vac 470 but lower profile and doesn't need an extra engine. I like the looks of it alot. The website is http://www.proteroinc.com/ so you can email them and ask about it. It wasn't on there yet as of a couple days ago. I'd look into it if I were you, or the setup John describes sounds ok too. http://www.jrcoinc.com/index.html there is the Transporter and Tub John mentioned.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have 4 of the 470 Trac Vac systems. I like them and the only guy that complains about them (one of my employees) is only 5 1/2 tall (or less maybe).

Having that pony motor really helps in sucking up and additionally chewing up the leaves.
  5. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have mine installed on my Exmark 48 Metro and it's great. It does clog in the wet stuff when it's thick but it's no big deal to unclog. i've done a few leaf jobs with it and looking forward to first cuts with it. Only thing i hate is those trash cans are $35 each for the 44gallon. If you have a landscape trailer or truck with 4 ft sides it's nice. I tried using the 50 gal plastic bags in it and got sick of them real quick.

Only down side is that the motor on it throws off the balance alot and adds alot of weight to it.

6. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

Ok guys thank you thats the info i was looking for.