collection systems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yazoo, Mar 20, 2006.

1. yazoo

yazoo LawnSite Member

Hey gang,
    I am new here and just kind of starting to dabble with maybe landing a few jobs until I could work up to quitting my day job and going full time. Anyway I bought a used 2001 Yazoo/kees 61" max 2 a while back and have decided I would like to pick up a collection system for it. A new one is around $1800 and that scares the heck out of me so thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions, aftermarket, used, etc. I did find that Lesco makes a collection system for their 60" mower for about a grand. How can there be that much difference in price? Anyway, any of your advice would be greatly appreciated. Except for selling the mower.....lol.......I have seen a few of your opinions on Yazoo mowers........Honestly I have had no problems with mine. Then again it only has 280 hours on it. Thanks in advance!!

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on brand it can be expensive. Exmarks full size ultra vac with the three cloth bags is over $2,200. You might try peco, or trac vac and get a couple other prices.

3. ftgulal

ftgulal LawnSite Member

Be careful buying the protero, I just did and regret it. Bought the 232 to go on a new dixie chopper. First of all, unit came in missing parts, top of bagging unit scratched, and lib bracket already broken at a weld. finally after getting all the parts just to get it going, the unit is the worst bagging system I have ever used. I have just attempted to mow a 4000 sq. ft lot and have unclogged the chute 7 times. The grass was not wet and not even high. It is terrible on leaves, it does not clean up very well. I have tried different blade options with no better luck. My woods mower before had a better bagging system, but the mower sucked. Chuck, I know you will see this and I will be contacting you and my dealer about this. Chuck did send replacement parts after a repeat phone call, but this system is not gonna work for me if this is the best it can do.

4. ftgulal

ftgulal LawnSite Member

no news is good news, I guess I just have high expectations, so I just learned to deal with it.