college for landscaping/hardscape

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by adam5557, Apr 2, 2005.

1. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

Go to school. Finance, accounting, marketing. You can mow and make money and lose it all because you don't know how to run a business. In the end, it's a business.

2. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

I am planning on going to MI State for the sports and commercial turf program. I will also look into other buisness-type degrees

3. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Listen to your parents,and go to school,get a degree and the sky is the limit that you can make...............GOOD LUCK> sounds like you've got a pretty good business going!!!!!! :cool:

4. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Go to school! Don't let 20 accounts dictate your future.You'll then be 22 with a degree and all sorts of doors will begin to open for you. Many of us including myself are stuck with our current lifestyle because where else could we go without an education and make the kind money we do. Does'nt mean we enjoy it any more, we must do it to maintain our current life styles. Just my opinion.

5. Residential Recreation

Residential Recreation LawnSite Member

go take some business classes and economics too also some drafting wouldnt hurt even though you like what you do you could fall off your mower and loose your legs then what will you do to make money you need to feed the brain plus college is a lot more fun than high school the chicks drink more and are allways horny. god do i wish i was still there