College for landscaping/ the green business?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by flyingdutch16, Aug 17, 2011.

1. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,

Although im still a sophomore in high school, i was wondering what are some colleges to look at for possible landscaping? Im thinking about doing landscaping and mowing. What would be some good degrees. All tips/help is welcome

THanks guys
  2. Km81

Km81 LawnSite Member

Business Management & Accounting is by far the most important. Anyone can learn how to run a Zero turn, and a string trimmer. Not everyone can run a business.
  3. wiselandscaping

wiselandscaping LawnSite Member

The Ohio State University ATI. They have a great Landscaping program. Check out this link to learn more about it. It's an Associate's degree; but if you want a Bachelor's in something similar, you can go to OSU main campus and major in Landscape Horticulture through CFAES. This is just my opinion, but Main Campus is where it's at. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! I love it here.

BAGHERVANCE LawnSite Member

Hey bro I'm a senior at The University of Akron and I will have a degree in business at the end of this fall. I mean you don't need a degree to make a millions dollars...I've had my own business for two years and the degree helps a lot ,but it's all what you make it.
  5. lawnman24949

lawnman24949 LawnSite Member

Look at Penn State they have a division that is landscape contracting and since its in your state you would get a good deal.
  6. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

Penn state would be awesome. I really wanna go there for their rugby program as well. Did not know that they had a landscaping division!
  7. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

How much $$$$$ for an associate's?