College

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by pattytastik, May 6, 2011.

1. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone here go to college for landscape design, or maybe buisness. Any suggestions for a prospective college student as far as what to major in?

2. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

I went for Business, it sucked, wasted 2 yrs of my life. Do the landscape design, in retrospect that's what I should have done.

3. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i went to college...wasted 3 years of my life spending money for nothing lol...it's hard to know what you wanna do at 18 years old...i still don't know and i'm 35 haha

5. bowhunter34

bowhunter34 LawnSite Member

Im starting the landscape horticulture program at Auburn in the fall. Might want to check into that depending on where you live, and how far you are willing to move to go to school.

6. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Just finished up a 3 year Landscape Design course. Definitely helpful, maybe not so much for just a maintenance company but if your getting into design at all it was well worth it, even just to get a better understanding of plants and such.

7. BAGHERVANCE

BAGHERVANCE LawnSite Member

Just finished a four year business degree at U of Akron. Anything helps ,you don't need a degree or anything other then money to have a business ,but a degree opens more doors for you in the short and long term goals of a business vs. not having a degree at all.

8. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

If you plan on landscaping to be your career then forget a business degree. Better to get a landscape design horticulture degree.